school compassion program
Kids helping kids.
Treasure Boxes offers an educational, fun opportunity to integrate the Australian Curriculum into a real-world, hands-on learning experience.
personal & social capability
- recognise emotions
- recognise personal qualities and achievements
- develop reflective practice
- work independently and show initiative
- appreciate diverse perspectives
- contribute to civil society
- work collaboratively
- develop leadership skills
- recognise ethical concepts
- explore ethical concepts in context
- reflect on ethical action
- explore rights and responsibilities
sustainability cross-curriculum priority
- Our School Compassion Program can enact and explore the Sustainability priority through learning opportunities created by giving pre-loved goods to children in need, saving the goods from going to landfill and promoting environmental sustainability.
We kindly ask for a tax-deductible contribution to support children in need. The cost is $250 for groups of up to 20 students.
Please note: we require a supervision ratio of 1 adult to 5 students for primary school students.
The program begins with a session at your school with our Founder & CEO, Rikki Cooke. A 30-minute engaging, interactive and age-specific session will help students understand the importance of not-for-profits and the impact they can have within the local community.
Students will visit us in our warehouse and take part in a range of fun and focused activities designed to help them connect with the babies, children and families we support in South Australia. Students will have the opportunity to see our operation in action, meet our passionate team of volunteers and ask questions.
Treasure Boxes encourages students to create their own school fundraiser to further support the cause they have recently learned about. The aim is to encourage a proactive attitude that further encourages their drive to make a difference to children just like themselves, but with different circumstances.
Our Fundraising, Events and Marketing team can work with you to bring your fundraising ideas to life with posters, information and support.
how do i get involved?
Send us an expression of interest below, and our team will get in contact with more info.
Student or parent? Get in touch with your Teacher or Principal. Download a copy of our brochure here.